There have been some developments regarding the Alice in Chains project I’ve been working on for nearly two years. I recently signed a deal with a publisher. Here’s the official announcement, it ran in Publisher’s Marketplace yesterday (it’s behind a paywall, text is pasted below):

July 9, 2013

Non-fiction:
Pop Culture
Journalist David de Sola’s TOUCH ON THE DARK, the first and only biography on the band Alice In Chains, promising countless never-before reported stories on the band with exclusive access to producers, journalists, musicians, and many others who have never gone on the record about their time working with the band, to Rob Kirkpatrick at Thomas Dunne Books, by Anthony Mattero at Foundry Literary + Media (NA).

In the meantime, work on the project continues. We are hoping for a late 2014/early 2015 release.

You can read some of my previous reporting on Alice in Chains here, here and here. All of this will be covered in greater depth in the book.

Update: For visitors who have questions about me, I would recommend they read about my background and look at some of my previous work from over the years.
Even though it’s completely unrelated to Alice in Chains, if you want a general idea of how I’m writing the book, I would recommend reading The Man Who Volunteered for Auschwitz.

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Ben says:

Really looking forward to the book! You have my money already.

2. jane says:

Great news, grats!! Can’t wait to buy and read the book – and loved your articles so far.

3. brad says:

your a legend man cant wait for the book.

4. Simone says:

This is great, can’t wait to read the book!

5. Julio C. Gonzalez says:

Can’t wait for that book to come out! Huge fan of AIC. It’s been a long time coming. Hope you do my man Layne Staley some justice. Good luck and congrats on the deal!

6. David says:

There’s news on my Alice in Chains book, including the cover and release date… For the details go to https://icepicksandnukes.com/2015/01/12/alice-in-chains-book-update/ Thank you all for the follows/comments over the years!